Saturday, January 14, 2012

Inspiration: Where Do You Find It?


This post is all about inspiration. Something I've found that I have to have if I want to write or finish writing a manuscript. If my inspiration is gone, then my poor MS will forever be unfinished until the inspiration I had comes back and brings my passion for the story along with it.

Passion? Yep, passion! Inspiration and passion go hand in hand. If I have a dream that inspires me to put fingers to keys, I have to be passionate about it to keep going. The inspiration is only half of the process. If inspiration and passion aren't working hand in hand, then nothing will blossom on the page.

Inspiration comes from many things for me. I've had dreams that wouldn't let go and I just had to put them into words. I've watched things that gave me an idea and off I go. I've even watched children playing and became inspired to write something. Inspiration comes in so many ways that I can't put them all into words.

For me, inspiration is an important part of my writing process. It's something I value and I'm so happy when it finds me!

So, what inspires you?

Happy reading and writing everyone!

3 comments:

  1. this is so very true. keep the passion and then everything will fall fall into place and you will finish what you habe set out to do

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so very true. keep the passion and then everything will fall fall into place and you will finish what you habe set out to do

    ReplyDelete
  3. My inspiration comes from too many places to name. The odd thing is that a story may begin in my dreams and continue through my observations, desires, or even fears. You mentioned passion. I guess that's one way to put it. For me, part of my conscious mind lives the story I'm writing. I become a small part of each of the characters. Maybe that's all the voices in my head trying to get out. LOL I guess they are finally coming in handy. ;-)

    ReplyDelete