My super sweet friend and amazing author, Veronica Bartles, has given me and six other lucky bloggers the One Lovely Blog Award! If you've been around my blog long enough you already know that I love giving awards and sharing the ones that I receive from wonderful bloggers/writers. It's just a nice way to say, "I appreciate you and what you do." Now, isn't that something all of us like to hear? I thought so too!
So for the rules. I have to state seven things about myself, (and I'll try to follow Veronica's lead and share things I haven't before,) while passing this award on to seven other bloggers who I feel deserve this award as well. Honestly guys, the choosing only seven people part is the hard thing here because I know lots of people who deserve this award. But I'll do my best to stick to the rules!
Okay, so here are my seven things.
1. I'm a hopeless romantic. While I may love the bad boy/girl in a story, if they're not who I feel is the MC's main love interest, I can't accept them being together. It feels wrong and a feeling of betrayal's always left behind. I can't explain it and I won't give the example I'm thinking about at this moment, but I'd rather have the conflicts of a sappy romance than the conflicts of a lustful one. Cause really, I've learned over these years that lust vanishes over time. But love, true love, is the thing that can last a lifetime.
2. Given the choice between a real rose or a fake orchid I will always choose the fake orchid. A) Because orchids are my favorite flower. B) Because I'll have it forever. It's a bummer to have to throwaway a gift that means so much. Even if it's just a I was out and saw this and thought about you kind of gift. The person still thought enough to buy something for you and then it's like, poof! Gone. So give me a fake flower any day. That way I can look at it and have it always. Although, real flowers are always nice too. :)
3. I am addicted to Investigation Discovery. It started out as just something to leave on during late nights of writing. Then suddenly, I'm hooked and coming up with ideas for books about murder. I've decided to call it research and have even asked if we can write cable off as a work expense as a joke. Although, it'd rock if we could. LOL.
4. Every time I hear He would be 16 by Michelle Wright, I cry like a baby. I was eight when the song was released, but even then it made me cry. I can't explain it, but it touches me and even though it's a song, the story's stuck with me and still makes me cry.
5. Leah Clifford is my spirit animal. Okay, maybe this isn't something new, but it's true. And the awesome part is that she's happy to be my spirit animal, which rocks! Honestly, she's amazing and just her being so super nice made a sucky week so much better. Thank you, Leah for that.
6. Coffee is super juice. Mix that with chocolate and you've got my favorite drink. Love it, but don't drink it often. Coffee by its self on the other hand, I have a pot every day.
7. And finally, number seven! I actually really love to cook. I'm a picky eater. Always have been. The thing is, I really love to cook stuff that I find super yummy and also the things I'll never eat. My favorite thing to make in fact is my mom's meatloaf, (which I'll never eat cause I really hate meatloaf,) and cornbread. Heck! I'll cook ALL my mom's dishes because she's a really good cook. Also, cooking's something that helps when I'm having doubts, (that we all have,) or I'm having one of THOSE days. That way I'm not being all HULK SMASH to the outside world.
Now to pass this baby, *coughs* I mean award on to seven wonderful people!
1. Julia King
2. Brenda Drake
So there are my chosen seven. It was really hard to narrow it down, but these are the people I feel deserve this award. And really, I adore them and their blogs so much. You all should follow them if you don't already!
Until next time, happy reading and writing everyone!