Sunday, June 5, 2011

Anathema By Megg Jensen: A Review





Yesterday I participated in a read-a-thon with some of the most amazing people on twitter! One of the books that I chose to read in a line of many other amazing ones, was Anathema by Megg Jensen. Below is my review.




So, Megg was kind enough to allow me to read Anathema so that I may review it. Honestly, I had been looking at this book for some time and wasn't sure. I had been let down by others before and I really wasn't looking forward to that again. Once I finally cracked Anathema open however, boy was I surprised at how awesome that it actually was/is!


I found myself seeing the world and people through Reychel's eyes. I felt what she was feeling as she was going from slave to savior. Every scene was written in a way that I completely understood what was being said and done. The characters came to life in a way that even I wasn't expecting. When they were happy so was I. When they were betrayed, I was too. That is a rare thing in books. In fact, I've only found a few that have drawn me in this far. 


Here is how Megg describes Anathema in her own words:


Magic. Lies. Manipulation

Reychel is a slave girl sheltered from the outside world with no hope for escape. The night before her dreaded fifteenth birthday, her best friend disappears, leaving her to face her branding ceremony - when her master's sigil is burned on the back of her bald scalp alone. She soon discovers nothing is as it seems when people desperate for freedom beg for her help.

Can Reychel learn to believe in herself in time?



Anathema is filled with, friendship, betrayal, mystery, love, and much, much more. I give it a solid A! It is definitely a must read for anyone into fantasy romance!


You can find Megg on twitter or her blog

No comments:

Post a Comment