Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The Waiting Game





About a week ago I finished another revision of my ms The Demon Chronicles: Prophecy. By the time I was finished, I couldn't even look at it without going cross eyed. Although I love all of my characters and the plot dearly, I needed a break. I had done all I could do with it. That only meant one thing. Time to send my baby off to my awesome CP's and betas!

Now I'm playing the waiting game. The first time I let it go, I was a nervous-wreck! I didn't know what to do until I got it back with notes on what needed fixing and what worked. This time as I play the waiting game, I'm writing. I decided that instead of taking a break like last time, that I would actually do a really rough draft on something that might turn into my next ms. Then again, I'm going to be doing NaNo this year (for the first time! Yay!!) and that ms might turn into my next big project. Stay tuned for that one!

Anyway, as I sit here playing the waiting game, I am putting my time to good use. I'm writing, reading, spending time with my hubby, and also critiquing other's ms's. It feels good. Plus, I trust everyone who has my baby right now. I know it's in good hands. I knew it last time, but it was the first time I'd let anyone outside of my hubby read my work. Therefore...nerve-wracking! LOL!

Once I get everything back I'll be hard at work again. Then...dun! dun! dun! Query time! *bites nails* I'm actually super excited about that part. And as always, I will keep you all up to date on what's going on. Now happy writing my wonderful followers!

P.S. Be sure to stop by on Oct. 1st for an interview with Jessie from Remarkable Reads!

No comments:

Post a Comment